Thursday, July 4, 2013

Buffalo Chicken and Corn Dip

Happy 4th of July!  We are going to a BBQ later today so I decided to do my own take on red, white and blue.  I love, love, love when I am able to whip something up without having to go to the store first for ingredients. I have made buffalo dips before but I don't really have a recipe per se so I knew I had some flexibility.  I am really happy with how it came out, it was fast to make, inexpensive and tastes awesome.



Buffalo Chicken and Corn Dip

Ingredients: (approx. as I didn't measure but these will be close enough, adjust to taste)
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded chicken (I just left over from a roast chicken I made)
2 ears of cooked corn, remove kernels from cobb
2 cups shredded cheese (I was out of shredded and just chopped up some deli cheese, doesn't really matter which type)
2 Tbsp. hot sauce (adjust up or down based on how hot you want it)
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles (reserve 1 Tbsp. for topping)
1/2 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper
1 scallion sliced

In a non stock pan melt the shredded cheese and the blue cheese over low heat just until melted. Add the sour cream and mix to combine. Add the shredded chicken, hot sauce, corn and stir to combine. Once combined add the chicken stock to loosen it up a bit. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue to stir over low heat until everything is nicely combined. I would take a taste at this point, you may want to add more hot sauce or blue cheese depending on your preference.

Transfer to a casserole or pie dish (oven safe) and sprinkle on top the reserved blue cheese and the scallion rings.

I like to heat this up in the oven just a bit before serving so it has a nice consistency.  I suggest about 10 minutes about 300 degrees to warm through.

Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment